A. Introduction: the three questions asked from the Mt. of Olives by the disciples (Luke 21:7; Mark 13:3-4; Matthew 24:3)
1. When would the Temple be destroyed (a triple fulfillment?)?
· The Babylonian destruction in 586 B.C.
· The Roman (Emperor Titus) destruction in 70 A.D.
· The Antichrist’s abomination that causes desolation (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; Daniel 9:27; Revelation 13:5-8).
2. What would be the signs of Jesus’ second coming?
3. What would be the signs of the end of this age and the coming of the new age (Matthew 28:20; Acts 1:8; Mark 13:10; Genesis 49:10)?
B. Four convictions about the End Times that all Christians should be able to hold….
1. Jesus did announce a coming end of the world order as it has been known.
2. Jesus did imply a considerable interval of time before the end would come.
3. Jesus did express the certainty of His ultimate triumph, even though there are dark days ahead.
4. Jesus did command his followers to be proactive with regard to the end times.
C. The Commands of Christ to His Disciples about Future Things (vv. 5-38)
1. Don’t be deceived (v. 8).
2. Don’t be frightened (v. 9).
3. Don’t be full of worry (v. 14).
4. Don’t be lazy, indifferent, or prayerless (vs. 29 and 36).
5. Don’t be careless with your life (v. 34; 2 Peter 3:3-7)
|Jan 14, 2018||Things to Come, Part 1 – Our Lord’s Commands about Future Things – The Gospel of Luke Series (Luke 21:5-38)||Listen||Download|