1. The child of Isaiah 9:6 was to be born of a virgin and to be called Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14).
2. The child born of a virgin is the “seed of the woman” (Genesis 3:15).
3. That child would be rejected as the Messiah (Isaiah 8:13-15; Luke 20:17-18).
4. That child will be called “Mighty God” (Isaiah 9:6).
Our Mighty God
1. God = “El” = first; majesty; powerful one – used 238 times in the OT (Exodus 34:14; Deuteronomy 3:23-24).
2. “El” is frequently used as a Hebrew compound [El Elyon = God Most High; El Shaddai = God Almighty; Elohim = the plural of El]
3. The child that is born and the son that is given is “El Gibbor” = “God, the Powerful One” (Isaiah 9:6).
Jesus Christ: Our Mighty God
1. He is the Mighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe (John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-17).
He will sustain you!
2. He is the Mighty Savior of fallen and lost humanity (Zephaniah 3:17; Luke 1:68-69).
He will save you!
3. He is Mighty in Battle (Psalm 24:7-10).
He will win every battle for you!
4. He is Mighty in Sovereign Power (Psalm 50:1).
He will accomplish every purpose he has for you!
5. He is a Mighty Rock (Psalm 62:7-8).
He will be your refuge!
6. He is Mighty in Faithfulness (Psalm 89:8).
He will keep every promise spoken to you
7. He is Mighty in Zeal (Isaiah 9:7; Exodus 34:14; Revelation 21:5).
He will establish real peace, real justice and true righteousness – forever!
|Dec 10, 2017||Our Mighty God – The Advent Season 2017 (Isaiah 9:6)||Listen||Download|